After the login, or after I open the Toolbox window, the system asks me to login again?
The right side of the Toolbox shows the broken link, or the message: "Java plug-in is not installed!"
This might be due to the following reasons:
- Your cookies are disabled - please enable cookies. Tools menu > Internet Options > Privacy Tab and select "Default" or Medium privacy on the slider.
- If you just upgraded to a new version of the Internet Explorer, please delete the temporary internet files: Tools menu > Internet Options > Browsing history section > Delete button > select all checkboxes except the "Preserve favorite website data" (IE 8) > Delete button.
When I click on a link or on a button nothing happens!
The Lotto Genius Toolbox require the Java Virtual Machine (JVM) plugin to be installed and enabled. The Java plugin is essential not for this site only, but for thousands of Internet sites, even mobile phones, to work properly.
You can download the free JVM from http://www.java.com/en/download/
After the installation please check if it is enabled in your Explorer: Tools menu > Internet Options > Advanced tab > enable Java checkbox.
To use the LottoGenius web application, you must allow both pop-up windows
in your browser. To do so, you may need to disable software that blocks pop-up windows or ads.
. If the window doesn't open, or if you see messages about "active content" being blocked, you need to change your browser settings .
Internet Explorer: click the Tools menu, and then click Pop-up Blocker. To turn off Pop-up Blocker, click Turn Off Pop-up Blocker.
Firefox: On the menu bar, click on the Firefox menu and select Preferences > Select the Content panel. Uncheck Block pop-up windows to disable the pop-up blocker altogether, or click the Exceptions... button and type lottogenus URL: http://www.lottogenius.com
is lottery wheel?
The lottery wheel is a group of combinations (games) that mathematically guarantees that the very least you will have one winning ticket.
For example, it is obvious that if you play all possible combinations of numbers you will win all possible prizes 100% guaranteed. There is no question about it! However this would be expensive as there are millions of combinations. 6/49 lottery has close to 14 millions of combinations.
Lottery wheel helps you to bring down the number of combinations to play, and still guarantee the winning. A wheel is made having three possible goals in mind:
- Your goal is to match fewer amount of winning numbers, for example 3. You can make a wheel that will guarantee you matching 3 numbers at least at one ticket you have played.
- Your goal is to win the jackpot, but instead playing all, you play a subset of numbers. For example, if you play 20 numbers, you will win the jackpot 100% guaranteed only if officially drawn numbers are among the numbers you have played.
- Finally, you can combine two goals by playing subset of numbers, and aiming for lower prize. For example, you can play 35 numbers and aim matching 5 numbers. If officially drawn numbers fall in group of your numbers you will have at least one matching ticket with 5 numbers.
What is full, and
what is abbreviated wheel?
The full wheel always gives the jackpot guarantee. The guarantee
for an abbreviated wheel is selected by the player.
is filtered wheel?
Filters reduce number of combinations (games) in full or abbreviated
wheels. For example, a filter can be set to remove combinations with all
odd numbers, to include your favorite number in every combination,
guarantee? What's the catch?
Your selected prize goal winning is guaranteed 100% only if the officially drawn numbers all appear in the group of numbers
you wheeled. If you used a filter, the guarantee is valid if the winning combination meets the requirement set by the filter.
there any mathematical background to lottery wheels?
Yes, there is. Lottery wheeling is based on Covering theory, and
Covering Design theorem:
Covering Design C(v,k,t,m,l,=b) is a pair (V,B), where V is
a set of v elements (called points) and B is a collection of b k-subsets of V
(called blocks), such that every m-subset of V intersects at least l members of
B in at least t points. It is required that v >= k >= t and m >= t. The
case m > k is also a valid case. B can be a multiset.
When applied to lottery:
v total numbers in the design (amount of numbers you play)
k amount of numbers drawn
t min match t (t of m)
m min match of m (t of m)
l lambda (min l times t of m) (it is
always 1and usually omitted)
b number of blocks (number of games)
For example, C(44,6,3,5,154) describes wheel with 44 numbers
designed for "pick 6" lottery that guarantees 3 matches if 5 officially
drawn balls are within the group of 44 numbers you have played. Finally,
the wheel size is 154 games.